AccountPro Canadian Payroll overview
No Annual or Recurring fee. One time payment only.
AccountPro Pro & Platinum Canadian Payroll User Guide Table of Contents & Index.
If used as stand alone software, or multi-user software module, a summary distribution
report provides the necessary information required to journalize a general ledger.
Frequently asked Canadian Payroll Questions
- Currently updated with July 2016 Changes.
- Entry of payroll details may be stopped at any time and completed later.
- Payroll supports a flexible method for distributing payroll costs and labour hours
to the AccountPro, if installed, General Ledger and Job Costing.
- Time sheets may be entered daily, or at the end of a payroll period. If entered
daily, the payroll program will automatically accumulate totals for the applicable
- Canadian Payroll with Job Costing installed is ideal as a construction management software tool. Updating
of job costs and hours from the Payroll module may
be done on a daily bases keeping job costs up-to-date.
- Both the U.S. and Australian Payroll modules may be used conjunction with the Canadian Payroll module
for companies with employees in both the U.S.A. and Canada. Both modules will allow
specified general ledger accounts appropriate for each version, including job numbers.
- If used in conjunction with Job Costing, payroll makes for an ideal construction management software package.
- Job Costing tracks hours used broken down by job phase in addition to dollar costs.
- Profiles need to be established only once for employees, deductions and earnings and are used throughout the payroll module.
AccountPro Canadian Payroll Detail
- The AccountPro Canadian Payroll module handles, on the bases of individual employee specified parameters
(all of which may be turned on or off):
- Automatic calculation of Canadian Statutory Deductions
- Employment Insurance contributions and deductions
- Vacation Pay calculation (payout each cheque or accrue, and percentage of specified
- Holiday Pay calculation (payout each cheque or accrue, and percentage of specified
- Sick Pay calculation (payout each cheque or accrue, and percentage of specified
- Employee ID up to 8 alphanumeric characters.
- Full Employee profile screens including currently defined earning definitions,
deductions and benefits, default general ledger distribution accounts (may be overridden
at time of payroll timesheet entry), vacation, holiday, sick pay percentages, etc.
- Supports multiple payroll chequeing accounts.
AccountPro Canadian Payroll Employee Earning definitions
- An unlimited number of
earning definitions may be defined. Earning types may be defined, for example,
as Regular Earnings, Overtime Earnings, Bonus, Commission, Mileage, Living out Allowance,
Piece Work, etc.
- Overtime may be calculated at 1 1/2 time, 2 times regular Earnings, or whatever
multiplyer is required. You may predefine as many overtime definitions (IDs) as
- Earning definitions may be specified with respect to taxability, active status,
contribute to statutory deductions, contribute to calculation of "Other Deductions",
such as, for example, Union Dues, all through user specified Yes/No options.
- Indicate whether or not the earnings contribute to Vacation Pay, Holiday Pay, Sick
AccountPro Canadian Payroll Employee and Employer Payroll Deduction Definitions
In addition to statutory deductions and contributions any number of custom payroll
deduction definitions may be established by the user which may be applied to selected
or all employees.
- Flexible deduction
definition capabilities keep employee deductions up-to-date in one place, saving
you from having to change individual employee records every time deductions change.
- Establish any number of payroll (staff payroll, field payroll, union payroll, non union payroll, etc.) and union deduction definitions.
- If used as a Canadian construction payroll module, contactors will find the automatic
deduction capabilities support an unlimited number of deductions within a pay period.
- Deduction definitions may specify:
- Specified tax reductions
- Method of deduction calculation:
- Fixed amount per pay period
- Percentage of specified type of earnings
- Combination of Fixed and Percentage
- Paid by
- Specified percentage Employee/Employer
- Distribution to General Ledger
AccountPro Canadian Payroll Entry
- Entries into the payroll module are easy and quick. An Employee ID may be entered
directly, or selected from a pop-up window. The default Earning ID, as established
in the Employee master file for the selected employee, will be shown and may be
selected by simply pressing the Enter key.
- Multiple Earning Definitions (rates)
may be used when entering time for an employee within a single
payroll period without limitation to the number of earning definition
which may be entered into the payroll period.
- Multiple Job numbers may be used
when entering time for an employee within a single pay period
without limitation to the number of job numbers which may be entered into a single
Distribution to AccountPro General Ledger
- Integration with the General Ledger module is automatic if installed and saves from repetitive data
entry between modules. If the General Ledger module is not installed, a summary distribution report provides the
necessary information required to journalize a general ledger.
- Flexible distribution options for payroll costs to general ledger accounts may
be defaulted to (on an employee by employee bases):
- A single general ledger account as specified in the employee maintenance screens
- Pro-rated by percentages up to 4 G/L accounts (plus the credit the payroll chequeing
- As specified at time of payroll timesheet entry
Note: distribution to the general ledger for accrual of Taxes, E.I., CPP, Advances,
Loans, Vacation pay, Statutory and None Statutory deductions etc., are specified
in addition to the above and are also specified on an employee by employee bases
in the employee master file.
Canadian Payroll Distribution to AccountPro Job Costing
- If used as a Canadian Construction Payroll module, integration with the
Job Costing module is automatic if installed and saves from repetitive data
entry between modules. If Job Costing is not installed, a summary distribution report provides the
necessary information required to journalize to a 3rd party module.
- Has the capability to specify the Job-Phase and Job-Sub-Phase to which the labour
should be posted on a Job, and whether or not this labour expense is to be posted
to the base contract, or an extra, in which case a work or change order may be specified.
- Postings to the Job Costing module will retain units (hours) in addition to wages and labour
- Payroll may be entered on a daily bases and has the
capability to update Job Costing on a daily bases without running, or
waiting for completion of the payroll period, providing management with update-to-date
Job Cost reports at all times.
Canadian Payroll Cheque Printing
- Cheques may be printed for all employees, a range of employees, selected groups,
departments, or a single employee.
- View payroll detail before printing cheques.
- Payroll cheque stubs provide complete information in a four column format, showing
units, hours, earnings, statutory deductions, none-statutory deductions for the
payroll period, and year-to-date cumulative totals.
- Supports continuous form, ink jet and laser format cheques.
Cheque layout and ordering details
AccountPro Canadian Payroll Reports
- To provide management with up-to-date information, all reports may be printed as
often as required and are not dependent on month ends or closing of a fiscal period.
- Details of time sheet entries may be printed for approval, without showing earning
totals, by for example, management, a job foreman or supervisor.
- A detailed earnings report is available before printing cheques, indication such
items as regular earnings, overtime earnings, commissions, deductions, taxes employer
paid benefits, etc.
- A preview payroll report ensures accuracy before cheques are printed.
- A complete summary of distribution to the General ledger.
- T4 slips, R.O.E. (see Payroll Reporting module)
- Employee lists may be sorted and printed by:
- Employee ID
- Employee Name
- Rate Classification
- Payroll Group
- A history of payroll transactions may be kept on file for any number of payroll
Interfacing with other AccountPro modules
The following modules are optional and are not required to run the "Payroll module".
AccountPro General Ledger module
- Using the optional
General Ledger module, payroll details are automatically posted to the General
AccountPro Job Costing module
- Postings from the Canadian Payroll software module to the optional
Job Costing module will automatically update labour costs and labour hours when
AccountPro Import module
- Using the optional
Import module, you may import employee lists from ASCII
or CSV files.
AccountPro Canadian Payroll Multi-rate add-on module
AccountPro Payroll Reporting module
AccountPro Software Inc since 1984