AccountPro Platinum Job Costing Overview
No Annual or Recurring fee. One time payment only.
AccountPro Platinum Job Costing User Guide Table of Contents & Index.
AccountPro Project Management Job Costing Platinum
software module may be used as a standalone
Job Costing or Project Costing module and optionally interfaced with the Accounts Payable,
Accounts Receivable, Invoicing, Inventory Control, Payroll, Purchase Orders and Estimating modules.
Frequently asked Job Costing Questions
The AccountPro Project Management Job Costing
module provides for orderly job cost accounting and detailed tracking of labor hours, billings,
material and labor costs as well as units and labor hours.
Contractors Project Management and
Manufacturers will find the Job Costing module detailed tracking and reporting
capabilities simple, yet powerful and flexible.
- The number of Jobs you may establish is unlimited as are the number of transactions
you may place into each job.
- Distribution breakdown
by division (job phase) and sub-division (job sub-phase) of costs and labor in job is unlimited and are establised by the user.
- In addition to costs expended for a Job, the Job Costing module also tracks, in
detail, billings associated with each Job.
- Payroll details may be entered directly into the
Project Management Job Costing module from time sheets if the AccountPro
Payroll module is not installed, or updated automatically from the AccountPro Payroll module if installed. Job Costing tracks both dollar costs and hours from the U.S. Payroll or Canadian Payroll modules.
- For companies doing both U.S. and
Canadian Payroll, both may be installed on one system and automatically update Job Costs without re-entry
of Job Costs or Payroll data when the payroll transaction entries are posted.
- In addition to numerous reports, a totals pop-up window quickly displays a summary
of contract amount, billings, costs, units including labor hours, accumulated to-date
for a particular job, change or work order.
- Job Cost reports may be printed in full or summary detail filtered by user selected
criteria such as for example, job phase and sub phase.
- If the optional AccountPro Estimating module is installed, an estimate may be imported into
- Serial numbers may be tracked by postings from the Job Costing or Inventory Control module.
- Year-end closing of the General Ledger does not affect job cost details in the Job Costing module.
Breakdown of costs to Job Phases
- Cost and units, including labor hours (labour hours), may be distributed to as many Divisions
(Job Phases) and Sub-Divisions (Job-Sub-Phases) as you wish to establish.
- Job Phases may be identified by up to 8 alphanumeric characters.
- The user may establish any number of divisions and sub-divisions, including job phase breakdowns for such items as: mobilization, overhead, supervision,
engineering, drafting, layout, miscellaneous, manufacturing, sub-contracts, shop
work, field work, installation, etc.
- Job Phase Distribution needs to be established only once for all Jobs. Only job phases establised by the user with costs will be shown in the reports. The user
may add, change or delete job-phases and sub-phases anytime. Standard construction
industry codes may be used.
- To track actual, committed
and estimated (or budgeted) costs, the following transaction
types may be used when entering data into the Job Costing module:
AccountPro Committed Job Cost Reporting
- By tracking committed costs
and units, for example, purchase orders, contracts and sub-contracts committed by
job, the job costing module can provide reporting on the total amount of units and
dollars that have been committed
to a job versus the actual costs to-date
versus estimated units and
- Job Cost Entries, in addition to transaction type, and breakdowns
into job phases and job sub-phases as established by the user, are also
tracked by the following categories:
- Labor Burden
AccountPro Job Cost Billings
- Billing transactions (invoicing) for a project may be entered directly into the
Job Costing module, or updated from the Accounts Receivable or Invoicing modules.
- To track base contract billings and contract extras, billing transaction
types may be one of the following:
- Base Contract billings
- Contract Extras Billings
- Provision to specify a Change or Work Order number.
AccountPro Job Costing Reports
- Several comprehensive job cost reports are available and indicate, amount billed
to-date, costs, hours, units, each with the option to provide information in detailed
or summary format.
- Report may be printed for just a portion of a job, or specified time periods.
- Variance reports provide management with a quick and effective analysis of Actual,
Committed and Estimated
(budget) costs, hours and units.
- Ability to filter report by 1099 vendors.
- A comprehensive audit trail is maintained indicating full detail such as, for example,
original suppliers invoice number, reference, units, job phase, sub-phase, payroll
employee ID, hours, etc.
AccountPro Job Cost History
- Full detail is kept for each Job for as long a period as the user wishes to keep
a Job on file.
AccountPro Optional Modules and Interfacing with:
The following modules are optional and are not required to run the "Job Costing module".
AccountPro Estimating module
- Estimates may be imported from the AccountPro Estimating module, allowing for analysis of
Actual, Estimated &
Committed (purchase orders)
Costs, Units and Labor Hours.
AccountPro Accounts Payable module
- Entry of payable invoices into the AccountPro
Accounts Payable module will automatically update job costs.
AccountPro Invoicing module
- Entry of invoices into the AccountPro
Invoicing module will automatically update billings in the Job Costing module.
AccountPro Purchase Order module
- Purchase order details from the
Purchase Order module may be posted to the Job Costing module as committed costs.
AccountPro Inventory Control module
- Inventory items from the
Inventory Control module may be posted to the Job Costing module as actual costs.
AccountPro Payroll module
- Payroll details in the
Job Costing module are automatically updated from the AccountPro
Payroll module if installed.
AccountPro Import module
- Using the optional
Import module, you can import customer and vendor lists from
ASCII or CSV files.
AccountPro Job Costing add-on module
AccountPro Software Inc has been a developer of modular software since 1984